Monday, August 26, 2013

Introduction: Welcome Music Lovers!



       The book of Ecclesiastes proclaims in chapter one, verse two: "Vanitiy of vanities, says Qoheleth, vanity of vanities!  All things are vanity!"  My wife has a similar sentiment regarding me and my blogs, Facebook posts, and paintings: "It's all about vanity, isn't it Dylan?"  They both have a legitimate point, I have to admit.  But, my kids are back in school and I've watched every episode of Man vs. Wild, leaving me with idle time on Mondays.  I'm painting again, but that still leaves time to fill while I wait for paint to dry.  So....here I am, with another blog.

       I've long kept a list of every concert I've ever attended.  My luckiest friends have seen the list, but they've only seen the dry details: which bands, what date, and what venue.  My memory is still sharp regarding things that won't generate income for me, and so I thought it was high time I filled out my list with songs played, opening songs and encores, and personal anecdotes about the people who accompanied me to the concerts----plus any thoughts I might have on the quality of the performances.

       My hope is that this blog will reach people who have attended the same concerts or seen the same bands on the same tours.  I'm, as the sub-title trumpets, a music lover, and I'm equally enthusiastic  about discussions about music.  Feel free to comment and share your thoughts and experiences, but keep it civil please, my Mom might be reading this blog.

       Peace, and Rock on!

No comments:

Post a Comment